pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries

From: Søren Boll Overgaard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ubuntu 0.117 binaries
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:01:24 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 01:06:04PM -0500, Eric Waguespack wrote:
> I wonder if Darren, or someone else would be so kind as to send me the
> script / commands used to compile the pan source into a .deb package? I am
> just curious because I occasionally install other packages from source and I
> would like to convert it to .deb so that I can benefit from the advantages
> already discussed.

Try downloading http://darrenalbers.com/pan/edgy/pan_0.117.tar.gz
That includes the stuff required. I am afraid that while building debian
packages is not difficult, there is no simple script to build debian packages
of a reasonable quality.

There is plenty of documentation online though. Eg.
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/

This is getting off topic, though. Try one of the Debian mailing lists if you
need additional info.

--
Søren O.

"Oh, bother" said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh".