pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: global scores

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: global scores
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:05:31 +0100

Thufir said

> Am I missing the option to make scores which are good across groups,
> servers?  Must it be done by hand?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Thufir

I use [part of the name that is in all groups]...
%BOS
        [editor]
        Score:: =5111
        Subject: vim.win32|gvim|[g].vimrc
%EOS
for something that I want to mach a few groups i.e. any groups with
editor in the name.

I use [*] for something that I want to cover all groups i.e. globle...
%BOS
        [*]
        Score: =-9999
%EOS

and...
%BOS
        [gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user]
        Score:: =9001
        Subject: win2000|w32|windows|w2k|win2[k3]
%EOS
if I want to hit just one group by using just the group name. I only do my
score files by hand, saves all the unneeded trash, you can get them right
down smaller, but they can be a bit harder to skim thru, and not so good
for people starting out.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?

http://www.readfreenews.com