pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: An "alias" feature for group names

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: An "alias" feature for group names
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:21:01 +0200

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:35:05 -0400, Rinaldi J. Montessi scripst:
> Older versions of Netscape Communicator news client (up to 4.xx) had a
> feature similar to this.  I believe it involved manipulation of the
> newsrc file either at the server end or the user end.  Those
> manipulations added by the user would be overwritten if the newsrc file
> was updated.  For instance, the newsrc contained the entry:
>
> netscape.communicator "Netscape Communicator"

It's quite nice idea, except if it doesn't break compliance with .newsrc
format (could somebody point me to some description of its format?) -- I
am working on the same .newsrc with pan and slrn (when connecting through
ssh) and I would be really pissed off, it it breaks.

Matěj