pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Import from Old Version

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Import from Old Version
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:58:30 +0000 (UTC)

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED
<address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 21 Jul
2007 22:52:08 -0400:

> I found that I can highlight all of a large thread, right click ->
> Manual Decode, and get all of the thread as numbered text files in a
> directory. A C++ program to read the files in order, get rid of most of
> the headers, and write to a single text file, would be at most one day's
> work.  I may go that way for my important threads, but it will delay
> upgrade to FC7 on the box my box that runs pan.  What do you think?

Seems a reasonable approach to me.  FWIW, note that there's nothing from
pan's side keeping you from having both old-pan and new-pan installed
together on the same computer -- you just have to rename one of them.
That's actually what I did here.  Before I upgraded to new-pan, I renamed
the old-pan binary to pan.14.  Then the old package was removed when the
new one was installed, but I still had the binary around, and it still
worked.  That way, I can keep both running, in case someone has questions
I need to load it up to answer, on the old version still.