pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:50:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:57:40 +0000, roderick wrote:

> walt <address@hidden> writes:
>> # patch -p0 < /tmp/load-pixbuf-in-1024-byte-chunks.diff patching file
>> pan-0.132/pan/gui/body-pane.cc  [Of course, you need to substitute the
>> actual /path/name of your downloaded patch file.]

> Regarding the (above) 'patch' step...I take it this...
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=96917&action=view
>
> ...Is the actual .diff patching file, meaning every line as is?

Yes, exactly.  Even including news/email headers, signatures and other
extraneous garbage.  The man page for 'patch' is required reading :o)

> Never
> done any 'compiling' myself on my Sabayonlinux box but is willing to
> give it a try once I understand what I am about to do. I cannot see the
> distro preventing the user from doing his own ebuild.

Great!  I have zero knowledge of Sabayonlinux, except that sabayon is the
French spelling for the Italian dessert zabaglione (which I've enjoyed
often enough to know that it's a guaranteed heart-attack-on-a-plate ;o)