pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Preview "corrupted"
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:21:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:30:05 +0000, roderick wrote:

> After I did emerge unmerge pan, I now have:
>
> xuan work # patch -p0 <
> /home/roderick/load-pixbuf-in-1024-byte-chunks.diff patching file
> pan-0.132/pan/gui/body-pane.cc patch: **** malformed patch at line 13:
>                    +      {

> What am I missing? This is a new and very interesting learning
> experience for me. Thnx again for your patience.

This is almost always caused by 'white-space corruption' in the patch
file due to line-wrap during posting or downloading.  The line that
'patch' is complaining about should look like this:
+      {

The + should be the first character in the line instead of in the
middle somewhere.  The best remedy is to fetch the file again, being
very careful to avoid any moves which will change the formatting, like
making your browser window too narrow while cutting and pasting, etc.

One other remedy is nice to know about:  look up the -l flag in the
patch man page, which was invented just for the problem you are having.

Yell if you have more problems.  Most likely you will :o)