pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:02:56 +0100

On Thu 15 Nov 2007 at 12:35:23 -0500, Kurt Schilling wrote:
> Just a thought for you, how many connections are allowed to the
> Earthlink newsserver? My local ISP farms out there news to a third
> party provider which now limits the number of simultaneous connexions
> to their server. I've been denied access many times to the point that
> I've subrogated my news reading to a free news server for text only.

I think you're implying here (but not saying outright) that their count
of your number of connections can be off - so they think you have
already N connections going while in reality you don't. So when you try
to make a connection for real, it thinks you're over the limit and
denies it. That happens occassionally with my ISP but that tends to
time-out after a reasonably short while.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.