pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:56:46 +0000 (UTC)

Per Hedeland <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri,
16 Nov 2007 12:53:31 +0100:

> Anyway, NNTP (which is what pan speaks to the server) is a very simple,
> text-based protocol, so you can do some testing with manual typing into
> a telnet client to rule out a pan problem

Great post PH. =8^)  I know nothing about RADIUS so I've been staying out
of this thread, but there's nothing to beat a manual telnet session for
troubleshooting a news problem reliably happening early in the session
that may or may not be with the server.  The hard data such a session
provides... well, I already said it, it just can't be beat.

Too bad pan doesn't have an option to do an NNTP transaction log.  I've
wished for that a couple times myself.  Either one of simply dumping it
to STDOUT, to be redirected if desired, or a logging switch that takes a
filename, would work.