pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Using subject filters in Pan

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Using subject filters in Pan
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:38:01 -0500

Quoting William Wood <address@hidden>:

I've come over to GNU/Linux from Windows, where I used the Forte Agent newsreader for years. I've been using Pan now for several months (Ubuntu 7.10, Pan v 1.3.2) but have not been able to figure out how to search the message headers for a text string.

There are 2 text fields at the top when you're in the message headers tab (I use the tabbed layout). The one on the left is for group names, the one on the right is for subject text. Shortly after you stop typing, all headers will disappear except those that match (contain what you typed as a substring). There's an icon to the right of the text field, that looks to me like a broom, which will clear the text field and then everything will come back. The other text field works the same way when you're viewing the group list.
-- David