pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Using subject filters in Pan

From: Beso
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Using subject filters in Pan
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 22:03:19 +0000

on the top pane where you can switch to on/off the showing of your read headers there's a little text box. just insert the text in there to find the text in the headers. pan will automatically refresh after 1-2 seconds after you've finished entering the text filtered so this will give you the opportunity to insert a string inside the box. to clear the box click on the image inside the text box and it will clear.
if you've hidden the read headers the filter will find only new unread headers.
as for the buggy stuff that bill says, i don't find it to be so much buggy... the image stuff is corrected (at least on my box) with gtk-1.12, the nzb downloader still needs to be fixed to understand that if the file isn't complete it should be also saved as incomplete.
ayway, there are also 2 other newsreaders: klibido (great for nzb download, relativelly poor for newsreading for which pan is still the best client) and knode (really poor newsreader, only good for reading articles online). the other option in thunderbird, which i don't recall to have nzb support, but i might be wrong on this.
so, i've found out that the best combination is: klibido as downloader and pan as reader/headers-update/additional-downloader.