pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan (0.14.2 version) printer

From: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan (0.14.2 version) printer
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:12:39 +0000

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:07:14 +0000
Maurice <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Maurice,

> On Thursday 13 December 2007 22:43:24 Brad Rogers wrote:
> > Either pass the printer name to using the -P (upper case) parameter,
> > export the printer name to $PRINTER,
>   Don't know how to do either.

The former can be done in the print dialogue within Pan, just by typing
in " -P printername" after the lpr.  The latter would be done by typing
"export PRINTER=printername" at a shell prompt.

Moot, since you've got the problem licked, anyway.  Which leads nicely
on to the fact that there are usually several ways a problem can be
overcome when using Linux.

>   OK - I went into 'printer management' and found the (one and only)
> printer had *not* been set as 'default printer', for some reason.

I found the same thing on my system.  I only noticed when direct
printing failed to work as expected (i.e. without going through the
print dialogue) in OpenOffice.org.

> Many thanks for your help, Brad; much appreciated...

You're welcome.

--
 Regards  _

Your father was a megalomaniac, you've got an insane brother
Pure Mania - The Vibrators