pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:00:37 -0700

Duncan wrote:
Tamas K Papp <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
 Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:01:54 +0200:

Maybe it would help if users could either

- click on the green text, making it expand to the quoted text (and
  clicking again would mute it, etc)

- right click on the green text, which would pop up a menu which has
  expansion as an option

The first option could work on a block-by-block basis, ie not expanding
all quoted text, just the block the user has clicked on.

Many people get confused when they accidentally hit "q" as their first acquaintance with this feature. You're not the first and surely not the last.

What I want to know is why anybody ever thought that muting quoted text was a Good Idea in the first place? All it really does is remove all context from posts that are replies to other posts. For that matter, once I'd turned that off I also turned off displaying different levels of quoting in different colors, and such things because I consider them pointless.