pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: how to see quoted text
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:24:01 -0600

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 17:00 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
[cut]
> What I want to know is why anybody ever thought that muting quoted text
> was a Good Idea in the first place?  All it really does is remove all
> context from posts that are replies to other posts.  For that matter,
> once I'd turned that off I also turned off displaying different levels
> of quoting in different colors, and such things because I consider them
> pointless.

It's very useful.  Usenet has the standard of pre-quoting and
inter-quoting.  That means that the parts of the message that are
actually interesting are not generally on the first page, especially if
you have been reading from the top of a thread.

It *is* nice that it is so easy to toggle on and off.
--
Zan Lynx <address@hidden>