pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:35:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 00:03:33 +0000, Greg Lee wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:58:21 +0000, walt wrote:
>
>> ... Because pan is stuck in a loop somewhere,  ...
>
> In my opinion, you guys are spinning your wheels.  Because pan is not
> stuck (if I'm talking about the same bug as you are); it's just taking a
> long time.

My old 7th grade English teacher would now rap you on your knuckles with
a ruler, shouting "Antecedent! Antecedent!"  The whole puzzle here is
exactly what is "it" that's taking a long time?

> And there is nothing abnormal about it taking a long time.

Tsk!  There's that "it" again.

> That's not the bug.  The bug is that the GUI task or thread never gets
> any time to service window events during this very busy computation.

I'm sure you are exactly right, but just what is that busy computation?
My pan2 binary is linked against 43 libraries, which is quite a haystack
to find a needle in.  (Oh crap, now my old teacher would whack my knuckles
for ending a sentence with a preposition.)