pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting new he

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:02:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:56:03 +0000, Greg Lee wrote:

> ...The sentence of mine that you
> incorrectly criticized is like that -- "pan" is a noun phrase consisting
> of the single proper noun "pan".

Okay, okay, both of you are correct -- your sentence was grammatically
correct and that particular 'it' was not ambiguous.  The 'it' that I
was referring to was really the antecedent idea, not the grammar, and
I was being ambiguous myself.  Guilty as charged :-(

I was taking issue with the 'nothing abnormal' part because I think 'it'
*is* abnormal, though we agree that it would be nice if pan behaved
better in such a case, certainly.  I have the same frustration with
Thunderbird becoming brain dead when my IMAP server gets flakey.