pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting ne

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:06:09 -0400

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 01:15:31 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> put fingers to keyboard and said:

> The one that really bothers me reading it, however, is "alot".
> However, it seems to be getting common enough it'll probably be
> acceptable as informal in a few years, and even "a lot" is still
> informal, in the strict sense, so that will make them equivalent.  But
> they aren't equivalent yet!

The one that drives me absolutely nuts is "till" as an contraction of
"until".  The proper contraction is 'til.

The spelling error that tripped me up until my 7th grade English teacher
gave me "the key" was the "sweet part of dinner", is it desert or
dessert.  The secret, which has served me well - I'd rather have 2
desserts than than 2 deserts.  Thank you Mrs. Lewis...

Bruce