pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting new he

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: OT: English [was Re: Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers]
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 01:15:31 +0000 (UTC)

walt <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:31:26
+0000:

> Still, it was a practice up with which she did not put.  I see that in
> my last reply to Duncan I typed "it's" to indicate the possessive. One
> more whack on the knuckles for me.

Most of the time, I pause when I come to "its/it's" and think a moment,
before putting in the correct one.  The one I had problems with for
awhile was to/too, as I had recalled the use of too for "also", but had
forgotten the use of too for "more of" and was using to.

The one that really bothers me reading it, however, is "alot".  However,
it seems to be getting common enough it'll probably be acceptable as
informal in a few years, and even "a lot" is still informal, in the
strict sense, so that will make them equivalent.  But they aren't
equivalent yet!