pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:32:21 -0700

On 10/03/2008 David Kelly wrote:
Just because the reply editor puts the cursor at the top left when one
opens a reply doesn't mean that is where one is to start typing. That is
where one is supposed to start *editing*.

We're getting way off topic here, but I'd like to point out that a proper (by my definition) email client will allow you to highlight the part of the message you want to reply to and only copy that into the new message. (Pan, of course, does this.) I was a tad astonished that Thunderbird doesn't, but there's an addon that lets you Do The Right Thing. That addon also puts the cursor where you specify in your Preferences, which in my case is below.

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?