pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Chris Metzler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:24:46 -0400

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:51:54 -0700
Travis wrote:
> [...]

"The mail client used with it"?  There are literally *scores* of email
clients in use with Linux, and there is no such thing as a "default"
client.  The one I use *doesn't* put the cursor at the top of the message
by default.  Your statements haven't been wrong so much as nonsensical.

I do personally know a couple of Linux users who tend to toppost.
It's a learned behavior:  the reason they do it is because they learned
to do it after years of using Outlook.

BTW, I'm seeing the same thing other posters are.  When you reply,
your client isn't inserting ">" or "}" or anything else denoting quoted
text, with the result that the text of the email to which you're
replying, and your reply, both look like part of the same post.
I manually added an extra level of quote in here, to distinguish
between your post and Steven D'Aprano's.

HTH.

-c

--
Chris Metzler                   address@hidden