pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: clearing headers?
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:38:59 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven D'Aprano" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 18:42 PM

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:37:52 pm walt wrote:
I left your html intact so you can see why we avoid html.

I avoid HTML by using an email client that understands about multipart
messages and defaults to displaying the text version instead of the
HTML version. But I see that <address@hidden>'s email doesn't
include a plain text version. That's VERY naughty of Verizon's Webmail.

Tell me Timothy, a.k.a. address@hidden, did you choose your email
address or was it forced on you by Verizon? I've never heard anyone
with anything nice to say about Verizon, but this is the first time
I've knowingly seen email from a Verizon address. It looks like they're
even more clueless and obnoxious than Australia's BigPond and Optusnet.

Verizon does assign funny looking addresses (res0y843 at verizon.net is mine) but lets us choose an "alias" so I picked travis.shorelinewa at verizon.net. My name is Travis and I live in Shoreline Washington USA.

The address for Timothy does not look like an address assigned by Verizon. Why Timothy uses "webmail" is beyond me unless he is using it from work. Maybe his company allows it. My job (the state of Washington) did not allow us to use webmail or company email addresses for personal business.

I use GMail because it has better spam blocking than Verizon but I use GMail with my email client (Windows Mail) and not GMail on the web.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington