pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions

From: Paul Crawford
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:07:30 +0000

Duncan wrote:
I'm beginning to think so, but decided to sleep on it this morning. So I did, and I still think so. However, we're close enough to a patch that testing one and having it ready to go (if we're right) will be useful.

I thought about the possible changes to fix this, and it occured that there are two options:

(1) Add the call to UUSetOption (UUOPT_IGNMODE, 1, NULL) somewhere.

(2) Change line 140 of uulib/uulib.c to have:

int uu_ignmode = 1;

(i.e. we make the decoder start-up to safe mode, so anyone wanting POSIX has to call UUSetOption to reset the ignore mode).

First solution works best is uulib is a separate entity from Pan and users do not want the default behaviour changed, second is better if uulib is integrated and/or could be used by anything else where this hole in security could be an issue.

Regards,
Paul