pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions

From: Paul Crawford (at UoD)
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Save attachment file permissions
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:55:51 +0000

Duncan wrote:
That said, internal or not, keeping the library code as pristine as possible should be a goal, so I'd say option 1, adding the call to UUSetOption (UUOPT_IGNMODE, 1 NULL) somewhere, is the "correct" solution.

I managed to compile pan-0.133 on my Fedora box and confirmed that, as built from source, it was the same as the Fedora installation in this respect (755 permissions on the Trojan). I then added:

UUSetOption (UUOPT_IGNMODE, 1 NULL);

To line 215 of pan/gui/pan.cc and built the project (much quicker this time!). Now it works as it should, I ended up with 664 permissions on the Trojan (Fedora has umask=002).

Regards, Paul