pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New 0.138 version on Pan ppa

From: Lacrocivious Acrophosist
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New 0.138 version on Pan ppa
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:15:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 10:38:24 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:26:34 +0000 (UTC)
> Bob <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 0.138 is not set up for SSL, and I wish that information would be
>> posted somewhere before an upgrade is attempted.
>
> I've just tried building 0.138 on Fedora 17, if I build 0.137 from the
> Fedora src rpm then GnuTLS is enabled, showing version 2.12.17. A soon
> as I change the version to 0.138 in the spec file, GnuTLS is no longer
> enabled. There is no other difference I can see except for the
> difference in the tarball source version.
>
> Any ideas? Naturally the GnuTLS libraries are unchanged...

You can lie. I do, and it works, at least on Fedora.

I'm even running Pan 0.138 on Fedora 15, and although older GnuTLS
versions are supposed to cause segfaults according to Heinrich, I have
not experienced them here.

In my opinion it is worth a try, to lie.

Namely, before you build, edit configure.in and change the GnuTLS line to
whatever version you have. In my case it looks like this:

GNUTLS_REQUIRED=2.10.5

Since I build from git pull I then run: ./autogen.sh --with-gnutls --with-
dbus

The configure prompt at the end thinks I will be using 3.0.11 but... I'm
not. Anyway it builds fine and works fine, and I haven't seen any
segfaults from the handshake at any time through the 0.137 and
0.138 version cycles. I use SSL 563 on both my NSP servers.

--
Lacrocivious Acrophosist

Twice as crazy as I would be, if I was half as crazy as I am.