pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Latest HOTFIX commit fails to compile

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Latest HOTFIX commit fails to compile
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 05:58:51 -0800

On 01/12/2013 12:09 AM, Heinrich Müller wrote:
> Am 11.01.2013 23:34, schrieb walt:
>>
>> The second problem is that pan wouldn't make a connection to the server, so
>> I opened the Edit Servers dialog box and found that the setting for SSL is
>> not even shown there, so pan is apparently mis-parsing servers.xml for some
>> reason :(

> What do you mean: The options to set/unset it are missing or that
> pan doesn't respect the settings made by you?

The setting for SSL is still in servers.xml, but the Edit Servers dialog box
doesn't show it to me.  Pan is still respecting the port number (563) listed
in servers.xml but is trying to open a non-encrypted connection, so of course
it fails.  When I edit servers.xml and change the port number to 119 then the
un-encrypted connection works normally.

So pan is not parsing servers.xml correctly.  In fact pan changes the SSL
setting to zero even when I edit it to be 1 before starting pan.

The good news, though, is this:

224 compressed data follows (zlib version 1.2.3)..

So pan is now respecting the setting for header compression even if it's
ignoring the SSL setting :p

You're making progress, one setting at a time :)

Thanks Heinrich.