pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?

From: Heinz Mezera
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 10:38:23 +0200

Hello Duncan,

back to the start.

Am Montag, den 08.06.2015, 11:31 +0000 schrieb Duncan:
> Heinz Mezera posted on Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:16:22 +0200 as excerpted:
>
> > I'd like to select Headers in the Header-Pan with a regular expresssion
> > in the Subject/Author field and need your help. Is this possible and how
> > do I do it.
> >
> > I want to select all headers
> > - starting with three alphabetic characters
> > - followed by an underscore
> > - two digits after the underscore
> > - and any number of charcters afterwards.
> >
> > PAN Info:
> > Pan 0.139 Sexual Chocolate (GIT bf56508 git://git.gnome.org/pan2;
> > i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>
> ** Note that after changing the search expression, you may have to toggle
> to something else (say subject), then back to regex, in ordered to get it
> to "take".  I noticed it would dynamically refilter part of the time, but
> would appear to stall out and not update without the toggle, sometimes.
> Given that hint, and the caveat that I tested the components separately
> but not together, as I didn't have posts handy that matched that specific
> pattern...

I clicked on the magnifying glass and changed to (regex) first and
entered a very simple expression into the searchfield:

[0-9]
next I tried [[0-9]]
next try was ^.*[[0-9]].*$

to select any header containing a digit, but the result was always an
empty header pane.
What is the correct expression to use here?

kr from Vienna, Austria,
Heinz