pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?

From: Heinz Mezera
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 12:11:57 +0200

Hi Andrew and Duncan,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.06.2015, 13:32 +0100 schrieb Andrew Nile:
> On 10 Jun 2015 01:47, "Duncan" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > (At least in live-git pan) There's a dropdown menu (click the
> magnifying

I never noticed the possibility to click on the magnifying glass,
thought it's only a symbol for the search-field.

> > glass icon at the left of the box) that lists various search types,
> > including Sub or Auth (regex), which is the one I'm testing, and
> which
> > I'm presuming Heinz is attempting to use as well.

Sorry, wrong assumption. I've always tried to use a regex in the
search-field without changing it's "meaning". I now know this could not
work.

> Hi, oops... yes you're right. I will go sit on the naughty step :-)

I'm now a step further in the right direction. ^.*$ selects all headers.
My problem now is the number of brackets I use in the regex, but this
should be easy to work out.

I'll let you know when I achieve the desired result.

kr from Vienna, Austria,
Heinz