pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:18:17 +0000 (UTC)

Heinz Mezera posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 12:11:57 +0200 as excerpted:

> Sorry, wrong assumption. I've always tried to use a regex in the
> search-field without changing it's "meaning". I now know this could not
> work.

So, umm... in that case, what did you think I meant when I said toggle
the search type if it seems to get stuck?  If you weren't aware of the
search types menu, what were you trying to do at that point in the
instructions, instead?

This isn't an idle question.  I spend quite a bit of time on various
mailing lists giving instructions, and obviously, try to write them to be
understood.  I obviously skipped a critical step here, click the dropdown
and choose regex, so I know to include that next time, but I haven't the
foggiest what you were doing with the toggle instruction if it wasn't
that.  Maybe you were simply skipping that instruction as it made no
sense to you at that point?  Or maybe you were doing something else, I
have no idea what.  If I can better envision what people are thinking
when reading my instructions, even when I'm not clear, perhaps I can make
them clearer, the next time. =:^)