pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?

From: Andrew Nile
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Select Headers with RE in the Subject/Author Entryfield?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 17:59:31 +0100

On 12 June 2015 at 23:20, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Question: Is that code used for just the subject/author search regex
> matching, or is it used in the group regex matching and scoring regex
> matching as well?  If it's used in all three places the patch's effect on
> log-spamming could be much worse than if it's used in just the one.

It's used in all 3 places (and also the search box in the task pane).

It doesn't affect scoring as either the expression works (no log
message) or it doesn't (one error message per rule).
The subject/author search generates those log error messages without
the patch, although as it gets stuck it doesn't get so bad.

But the group regex area seems to work perfectly without the patch,
which makes me wonder if there's a better way to fix this. So I might
look for that at some point soon :-)