pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Moving...

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Moving...
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 00:15:34 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Mon, 06 Jun 2016 05:11:37 +0000 as excerpted:

> Looks like I'm going to have to setup some sort of wifi keep-alive ping
> or something, tho, as otherwise it goes to sleep when there's no
> activity, and that kills the VoIP dialtone, which IIRC I got once when I
> first setup so it should be possible, but I haven't heard it since.

Turns out the lack of dialtone was due to a loose phone plug.  It's
missing the little dohinky on the side that keeps it from pulling out,
and it had.  Tho I may still have to setup ping, as the connection will
go to sleep without activity.

But the youtube streaming has been surprisingly consistent, as long as I
keep it to 360p and thus under the 1-1.3 Mbit cap, which appears to be
deliberate per-user shaping.  It'll be interesting to see if I can keep
up the youtube streaming when I do the distro repos sync and pull down
build sources to update, as I expect to do after supper 2nite.