pan-users

[Pan-users] Losing headers after clicking off of a group?

From: Frisky Weasel
Subject: [Pan-users] Losing headers after clicking off of a group?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 04:39:37 +0000 (UTC)

hi guys - loving Pan so far, but having one small problem. This may be by design, but I can't quite make sense of it.

OS:  Ubuntu 18.04
Pan: ver 0.144

Scenario is as follows:

1) after installing, I added my usenet server and credentials, retrieved groups list, everything fine so far...
2) I click on group "a.b .1" (<- just making up a name for example) and in the popup box I tell pan to retrieve, for example, 30,000 headers
3) Pan pulls them down just fine and i browse thru them......here comes the problem...
4)I click away to highlight another group in the list, lets say "a.b.2".....get the popup box, and again retrieve some headers successfully......BUT...when i then click back on group "a.b.1", my 30,000 headers just seem to  completely disappear and it looks like it then retrieves the new headers that came in since the last time was on that group

 i dont want that - i want it to keep all of my retrieved headers no matter where else i go in the app, until i explicitly remove them...

any ideas what i might be missing? im thinking this may be a feature and not a bug, but i cant make sense of why it would do that

thanks for any help/tips