pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] can you run Pan 2 on anything but GNOME/Linux? (and how

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] can you run Pan 2 on anything but GNOME/Linux? (and how to donate?)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 22:41:52 -0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 19:57:00 +0200, Detlef Graef wrote:

>>     If one uses other POSIX-based OSes & X WM/DE, is there any way
>>     you
>> can even run Pan anymore?
>>     A few years ago, I tried to donate $5, but it returned to me.  I
>> tried again recently... hoping that goes through and that the current
>> developers will take it seriously that there needs to be some effort
>> porting/detailing for other common usage...
>
> I think no one is paid to work on Pan.
>
> Pan is open source. All patches since a few years are likely from
> volunteers (users of Pan).
>
> You are invited to contribute to Pan. There are a lot of open issues:
>
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan/-/issues

Back when Charles was the project lead/developer, there was a tip jar,
but he's not been involved for some time now.

I still see occasional commits (and I build my own using those commits
using the Open Build Service from openSUSE), but there haven't been a lot
of new features added in the last year or so.

--
 Jim Henderson