pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] can you run Pan 2 on anything but GNOME/Linux? (and how

From: David Chmelik
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] can you run Pan 2 on anything but GNOME/Linux? (and how to donate?)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 04:09:11 -0700

On 2020-08-19 03:44, Detlef Graef wrote:
Am 19.08.20 um 12:30 schrieb David Chmelik:
Okay, here is some output from trying to run Pan 2 in FreeBSD Unix
KDE5 [...]
Please try to run:

pan --debug

I see that'll end up listing all newsgroups I subscribe to, which I don't want to do right now.  Will there ever be a way to use/save/export plainer-style .newsrc (to view/edit in text editors and other NNTP newsreaders) only listing newsgroups one subscribes to?  That's what I'm used to since mid-1990s... also extremely time-consuming to have to go through lists of all Usenet & Gmane newsgroups, or even look at a page of maybe over 200 groups, just to save a .newsrc the way I used to have (in command-line NNTP newsreaders, Mozilla Thunderbird, and maybe orginally Forte Free Agent, which I don't use any those anymore except rarely slrn.) After switching from Thunderbird to Pan (to separate email & NNTP) I just no longer even know all the newsgroups I subscribe to because of Pan's .newsrc format non-useful to users.  I did ask about that last year but after a month or few of no replies, that's when Pan was always crashing for me...

or maybe (on FreeBSD) to trace system calls:

truss pan