pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan on windows

From: John Wendel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan on windows
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:31:09 -0700

Just to add to the confusion ...

I'm using PAN on a Linux Mint box and also see these ".msg" and ".ERROR" files. But only on a small subset of the binary files I download. I have no clue what triggers this behavior.

I also see the actual data files split into many smaller files with one file having the expected name and the rest (sometimes thousands) having the same filename with "COPY_NNNN" inserted into the name, where NNNN is a sequential number from 1 to the number of files.

I just delete the ERROR files.

I use "cat" at the command line to join all the "COPY" parts into a single file which produces the desired output file.

I've got a couple of shell scripts that do the job, so I'm OK with it.

Thanks to all you guys for the help.

John