qemacs-devel

Re: dired_show_dot_files

From: Charlie Gordon
Subject: Re: dired_show_dot_files
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 18:48:16 +0200

Hello Piscium,

You can toggle this variable by pressing `.` in a dired buffer.
The setting applies to all dired current and future buffers, yet it is not saved (yet) when you exit qemacs.

If you want to hide the dot files by default when loading qemacs, add a line to your ~/.qe/config file:

   dired_show_dot_files=0;

You could also add these lines to create named macros and bind them to "f2" and "f3" but given how easy it is to switch inside a dired buffer, it seems hardly necessary:

   define_kbd_macro(“hide-dot_files", "M-x set-variable RET 1 RET", "f2");
   define_kbd_macro(“hide-dot_files", "M-x set-variable RET 0 RET", "f3");

I have started working on stabilizing and documenting all these features.
As you have noticed, dired-mode is not quite as functional as in emacs, can you tell me what you use it for in emacs that you miss in qemacs?

Cheers

Chqrlie