savannah-hackers

Re: Volunteers for GNU and GNU management [Was: Re: Subprojects in Savan

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Volunteers for GNU and GNU management [Was: Re: Subprojects in Savannah]
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 16:26:18 -0500

I think there is little point in continuing to discuss how you think
Savannah is run, it is up to the Savannah hackers how they decide what
they wish to work on, or not.  You can call this "wrong" or a
"mistake" -- but it doesn't change the way how the GNU project works.

   Moving forward, I propose that each official GNU project becomes a
   volunteer entity, providing one or more volunteers for GNU.

I suggest you take some time an read about the sturcture and
organization of the GNU porject
(https://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-structure.en.html).  This is what GNU
maintainers already do, and there is the GNU Volunteer Coordinate
team, the GNU Advisory Committeeommietee, etc etc.