security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 14:00:36 -0500

   It is impossible to access full documentation on that page by using
   lynx. Have you tried using links?

I just accessed the link from lynx. so where where you get that it is
"impossible" I have no idea.

   I mean, it is Hypertext Markup Language, and all links are
   "javascript:void(0)"

That is blatantly false.

GNU Radio application that combines two sine waves to create a dial tone. It
calls a function to construct the flowgraph which handles generating the signal
sources.</p>
the rate of the audio sink as well as the amplitude, which we use to scale the
signal to control the volume of the output. We then create a top_block. The
top_block is the object that holds the flowgraph, the basic data structure of a
GNU
+Radio application. We will use the top_block to connect together and hold the
signal processing blocks, which we build next.</p>
class="el" href="classgr_1_1analog_1_1sig__source__f.html" title="signal
generator with float output. ">gr::analog::sig_source_f</a> blocks, which
generate sine waves at frequencies 350 and 440 Hz. We next create the
connection to the speaker sy
+stem using <a class="el" href="classgr_1_1audio_1_1sink.html" title="Creates a
sink from an audio device. ">gr::audio::sink</a>, which takes in the sample
rate it will use to produce the output signal. The audio sink block can also
take in a second parameter to set the output device name, which we use if there
is a r
+esource conflict or if using a sampling rate that the hardware won't naturally
support. Common device names are "pulse" if using PulseAudio or "plughw:0,0",
which is an ALSA device that can handle resampling.</p>
flowgraph. The flowgraph connects sources to sinks through other signal
processing blocks. Here, we are directly connecting two sources to a single
sink. The next example uses more complex flowgraphs to farther explore these
concepts. The two lines
+containing the "tb.connect" statements are where the connections are made. The
flowgraph will look like:</p>