security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 09:53:09 -0500

   >    > By the same logic, I am being refused by the GNU project and the FSF
   >    > to install free software on a PDP-10 since they are not providing me
   >    > with MLDEV access, or DECtapes.
   >
   >    You can't reject a real use-case with a hypothetical use-case.
   >
   > Funny enough, it isn't hypothetical.

   Being unrealistic isn't the only problem with your analogy.

I actually had to do exactly that recently, so it isn't unrealistic,
nor hypothetical.

   Your PDP-10 analogy is not a constructed limitation (as an IP
   treatment policy is), it's actually a "limitation" due to someone else
   not doing some work for you, which makes it so perversely different as
   to only harm your position.  This false analogy clearly puts
   desperation on display.

Cloudfare is under no obligation to provide any type of access to you
or anyone else.