security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:09:18 +0000

On Sat, 2017-03-11 at 15:37 +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> More precisely, you've just used a fallacy of composition.

> Your appeal to authority fallacy has been called out.

It appears you've fallen victim to the Wikipedia University fallacy (aka
the Strawman Around Every Corner fallacy): you've given memorization of
the Wikipedia List of Logical Fallacies more priority than active
thought and reflection, causing you to assume that a position must be
wrong if it was supported with a logical fallacy.

Many active members of GNU have explained the definition of freedom 0 as
it concerns GNU the organization.  If you want to have some other
fanciful definition of it, that is fine, but you will not successfully
debate your way into a redefinition of it by GNU or the FSF.

-brandon