sks-devel

[Sks-devel] dumping, importing, and KDB size

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: [Sks-devel] dumping, importing, and KDB size
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:39:38 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to do incremental keydumps.  There appears to
be an option -dump_new_only but I do not really understand how it works.
Can I make it so that only keys modified after yyyy-mm-dd are dumped?

Secondly I understand that in order to import a new keydump, one has to
setup a second SKS instance and have it gossip with the main server.  Is
there a way to only sync in one direction?  Is there a chance to get
stats about the sync?  Like n keys new, m keys updated with k new
signatures, l subkeys, and o new uids?

Thirdly, the KDB directory seems to grow and grow and grow.  It's hard
to believe that there are so many new keys since I started operating the
keyserver (the KDB dir is 1.6 gigs, the dump dir is 2.1 gigs).  Is it
possible to somehow 'compress' the KDB directory?  For instance, are all
those log files needed?

Thanks for your answers,
Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal