sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] dumping, importing, and KDB size

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] dumping, importing, and KDB size
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:45:05 -0500

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 11:52, Dan Egli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if there is a way to do incremental keydumps.  There appears to
> > be an option -dump_new_only but I do not really understand how it works.
> > Can I make it so that only keys modified after yyyy-mm-dd are dumped?

dump_new_only actually only dumps keys not present in the "live" keydump
that the database was built on.

But adding a "after-date" feature should be quite easy.  I'll look into
it.

> > Secondly I understand that in order to import a new keydump, one has to
> > setup a second SKS instance and have it gossip with the main server.  Is
> > there a way to only sync in one direction?  Is there a chance to get
> > stats about the sync?  Like n keys new, m keys updated with k new
> > signatures, l subkeys, and o new uids?

There is actually a feature in 1.0.5 that allows for adding in a keydump
directly, without starting a second SKS server.