sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:14:25 -0700

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:06:08 -0700, Scott Grayban <address@hidden>
wrote:
> You can search the keyserver using just the email address and they would
> still get the new pub key

Why would they use it?  "Oh, hey, I see a new public key has been
uploaded.  But the one I currently have has worked for the past few years
and I don't see any revocations attached to it: why should I change?"

Revocations are important because they tell us to stop using a
certificate.  Prune away revoked certificates and suddenly nobody gets told
the certificate should no longer be used.