sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 01:06:35 -0400

> reviewing, testing, and deploying a significant change to the architecture
> of the SKS keyserver network...

It should be noted, incidentally, that these changes would mean it would no
longer be the SKS network.

The SKS network is, literally, the *synchronizing* keyserver network.  If the
system gets changed so it's no longer synchronizing but redundancy-reducing, we
really need to call it something else.

So long as we say it's "just a modification to SKS," that lets people think the
change is small.  Once we say "invent an entirely new keyserver protocol
because SKS is clearly not what these people want", that gives an idea of the
scope involved.