sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] [GnuPG-users] sks-keyservers.net: Changes to pools / SRV

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] [GnuPG-users] sks-keyservers.net: Changes to pools / SRV Weights
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 15:41:00 +0200

On 2012-05-13 15:36, Gabor Kiss wrote:
>> * The change to use hostname reported in status page as basis,
>> which removed quite a few duplicates, and two -- three keyservers
>> removed due to lack of FQDN in that hostname.
>
> BTW. One of my peers is keyserver.uz.sns.it. On page
> http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/keys.niif.hu it is marked
> ill. It seems your status collector software could not handle
> multiple names well.
>
> Page http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/soyuz.uz.sns.it even
> says that "aka keyserver.uz.sns.it" but the follofing status pages
> report problem about it:

This is the designed behavior. The aka is just a convenience, but as
I've written before[0], there doesn't exist a full aliasing table, so
the AKA in the meta page is just there for convenience (and debugging
for me) , it is not really used anywhere else. It will, also, not
record multiple names and depend on the order the keyservers are added.

Nor is the cross-peering check in the meta page used for anything, it
is only there for convenience for the keyserver operators.

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2012-04/msg00102.html

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/