sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Debian binary replacement

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Debian binary replacement
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:15:07 +0200

One follow up perhaps...

Sebastian and Jens (not sure which of you is actually responsible for
what).

It really doubt that you make much friends or reach you assumed aim
(getting new SKS versions proper into Debian) when negatively pointing
at all different places (just spotted some comments on fhs-discuss) in
the Debian maintainer.

As far as I can see in [0], he never said that he won't to any new
packages,... he just said he hasn't plans yet.

There are many different ways in Debian to help, and I'd say that would
have been the first step, asking Christoph whether he needs help, or
whether you can co-maintain, or whether he'd sponsor uploads, etc. pp.

If there shall really be deeper unsolvable problems (which so far - by
what is readable in public communications - I haven't seen) with a
maintainer, there are mechanisms in Debian to solve this,... first by
discussion on debian-devel, then via tech-ctte.

You shouldn't forget that all this is done by volunteers and if you
offend them things won't get better, likely.

Chris.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=663757#22