sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Bitbucket?

From: Matthew Palmer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Bitbucket?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 10:12:48 +1000

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:05:19PM +0200, Jan Kesten wrote:
> Am 26.05.2012 um 21:35 schrieb "C.J. Adams-Collier" <address@hidden>:
> > On May 26, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Yaron Minsky <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> I'd like to consider migrating sks to bitbucket.  Now that development has
> >> been picking up, with multiple people proposing patches, I've come to
> >> think that bitbucket's pull request infrastructure is sufficiently better
> >> than google code to be worth the migration costs.  I think the main pain
> >> is in redirecting people from the old site to the new, and migrating the
> >> wiki.
> >>
> >> Migrating the repos themselves is pretty easy, and I've actually already
> >> done that.  Here's the link:
> >>
> >>    https://bitbucket.org/yminsky/sks-keyserver
> >>
> >> Any objections?
> >
> > No objection aside from never having heard of the bitbucket revision
> > control system.  Any reason you're not considering something git-based?

Bitbucket is a hosted service for managing revision control repositories, not a
revision control system itself.

> Bitbucket is GIT ;-)

It actually started off supporting only mercurial, and has only more
recently started supporting git.

Given that (I believe) the source code to sks is already stored in a
mercurial repository, it would make sense to use a mercurial hosting
service.

- Matt

--
Imagine an orkplace where you were the only non executive: Make them all
CEO. Give them all at least one Masters degree and/or a PhD, and the ego