sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Bitbucket?

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Bitbucket?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:01:36 -0400

On 5/31/12 11:58 AM, John Clizbe wrote:
> Other than the name being somewhat offensive in some English speaking
> countries?

I'm going to chime in here on the side of the "git isn't necessary" crowd.

Git is a fine RCS for large distributed projects.  For the Linux kernel
it's almost ideal.  But SKS is not a large distributed project: it's a
fairly small one, is unlikely to grow into a huge one, and I'm not sure
it's worth the additional complexity over other simpler RCSes.

Feel free to emphatically disagree, of course.  :)