sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:53:09 +0200 (CEST)

> The keyservers never, never, never lose certificates.  That's a design
> goal and one that the SKS maintainers believe is a good one.  I agree
> with them, and want to see this design goal maintained in all future
> development.

Some of us worries about DOS and installs HTTP proxy quickly.
However a malicious attacker (working for XXXXX government that hates
PGP) can more easily down the _whole_ SKS pool:
it is enough to inject 50 millions of fake keys.

I think there should be a mechanism to purge unnecessary keys.
However I don't believe in expiry or other automatic ways.

My idea: there shoud be five wise and trusted peoples -- i.e.
a committee. Each of them would have a special revoking key.
If four of five signes a key in the database it should be deleted
and never accepted again.

Gabor
--
E-mail = m-mail * c-mail ^ 2