sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:11:38 +0200 (CEST)

> Plus, the instant there's a committee the committee members will likely
> become legally responsible for the content of the network.  If someone

Mostly you are right.

However this legal issue can be solved if the individual SKS server
operators may decide if they accept the comittee's suggestion or not.
And what signatures are considered valid.

It is like news server operation. New servers are completely independent.
It is always the matter of local policy what newsgroups and what articles
are received and sent from/to what peer partners. Accepting centralized
control messages is also based on digital signatures and local
decision.

But I repeat ou are right. Basically this was not a good idea of me. :-)

Gabor