sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 01:21:32 -0400

On 05/31/2012 12:57 AM, Gabor Kiss wrote:
> There is no guarantee that one can trust all of current key servers.

This is why users are encouraged to use a keyserver they *do* trust.
This is why keyserver operators are encouraged *not* to peer with others
they don't trust.  Some operators on this list managed to get themselves
de-peered not long ago as the result of actions that made other people
lose trust in them.

Really, that's a nonissue.

> If I was related to certain Asian governments I'd set up a fake key
> server that is the only reachable from the country then I'd
> serve manipulated keys to certain clients.

How do you propose to manipulate those keys?  Do you have some way of
breaking RSA that we don't know about?