sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 07:41:21 +0200 (CEST)

> > If I was related to certain Asian governments I'd set up a fake key
> > server that is the only reachable from the country then I'd
> > serve manipulated keys to certain clients.
>
> How do you propose to manipulate those keys?  Do you have some way of
> breaking RSA that we don't know about?

You have not to play with key servers if you are able to break RSA.
Just read/fake any mails you want. :-)
(BTW. Don't underestimate NSA guys.)

No. The Web Of Trust is the weakest component.
Imagine you are a peace activist somewhere here
http://bakacsin.ki.iif.hu/cgi-bin/staticmap?center=36.069419,103.853467&zoom=12&size=640x640&maptype=hybrid
(Hey! We don't write any names. The Echelon is listening.)

You must not leave your city but you have limited net access.
You have trust a long and thin chain of signatures between you
and your abroad comrade. What if a government agent edged in the chain?

Gabor